This is a 2-day program. It is part of our open course program for individuals and businesses.
We can also arrange for this program to be presented in-house at a time that suits you.
Communication, being able to establish rapport and maintain an assertive approach to others in all situations is crucial for those in many roles, both managerial and within support roles.
This program can have a massive impact on individuals and organisations and their approach to dealing with others.
Who Should Attend
Delegates to this program will be those whose role requires communication, interpersonal and assertiveness skills. Eg anyone involved in Sales, Customer Service and most management roles.
At the end of this course you will have learned:
- An introduction to communication processes between groups and individuals, when it works and when it doesn’t – and why.
- An understanding of the methods of communication used by groups and individuals within the organisation; which ones work well, which ones don’t.
- A full command of the essentials of effective questioning skills and how to use them in the widest range of contexts.
- How to improve listening and reflective skills as a critical element of effective communication.
- An understanding of the use of body language in communication, and an ability to read and interpret the body language of others to aid communication.
- How to give and receive feedback to enhance communication flow with colleagues and within workgroups.
- How to use positive language to motivate and encourage others.
- How behaviour influences communication (Transactional Analysis) and how to apply appropriate behaviours to improve communication.
- An understanding of your own influencing style.